Ashley G has been a member at Studio 22 Fitness since February. She comes in often and works hard to reach her goals.
We caught up with her to learn a little more about her and ask her a few questions.
1. What got you into fitness?
"To be honest, the day I got engaged in January was the day I got into fitness again."
2. What do you like most about exercise/fitness?
"How I feel after and feeling better in my skin and more confident."
3. What are some benefits that you have seen while working out?
"I see an excessive amount of changes in my body but I'm also more motivated in everything since I started making fitness a main priority in my life. I never thought I had enough time to work out, but I do! Then I also accomplish so much afterward either errands or around the house. "
4. What motivates you to exercise?
"My wedding, wedding dress and having my wedding in Jamaica. And motivation in itself. Also planning on starting a family soon, and I want to live a healthy lifestyle. If I'm not going to the gym then my kids probably won't either."
5. What is your favorite exercise?
"Planks by far. I love squats as well and almost anything upper body because that's where I've seen the biggest changes!"
6. What is your least favorite exercise?
"Anything that involves more than a couple steps. I'm not coordinated so following instructions on a workout with multiple steps is hard BUT I still do it because Cheryl makes me."
7. Why did you choose to come to Studio 22 Fitness?
"I was looking for a while to find a gym closer to me. I didn’t like the other gym in town because it was too dark and depressing in there. I joined RAC for women and never went because it was just that much further away. Now with Studio 22 a 5 min drive away it is so easy and realistic."
8. What do you like about Studio 22 Fitness?
"It's a small gym, you see the same people working out all the time. It never smells, ALWAYS clean. Everyone who works here is great and really cares. Everyone who works out here minds to their self and everyone is respectful. I like that."
9. What is a good tip you have or have been told when it comes to fitness?
"Do what you love and mix it up. Some days I don’t want to go to the gym so I'll go to a barre class or a cycling class somewhere. Just keep yourself loving working out. It’s SO EASY to stop working out, it's much harder to get back in. But man I feel great every time!"
10. How many days a week do you exercise?
"(on average) 5 days a week sometimes 6."
11. What is your favorite pre-workout meal or snack?
"I usually workout in the mornings so I come in after I eat breakfast, usually eggs or a bowl of cheerios."
12. What is your favorite post-workout meal or snack?
"I love chocolate milk and it's great for you after a workout believe it or not!"